Who does Band of Builders help?

Band of Builders can provide grants to support those who work within the UK construction industry who are facing financial hardship.

Band of Builders considers applications from people in need of financial support who work, or have worked, within the construction industry and trades or associated to construction trades, such as merchants and manufacturers who are allied to trades occupations.

Unfortunately we are unable to consider applications from people who are not able to show a direct occupational link to the construction industry.

Band of Builders provided a grant to cover rent arrears for an individual in the construction industry who fled from their home and employment due to domestic abuse.

Band of Builders provided a grant for a family within the construction industry to cover the cost of materials to replace a damanged and dangerous roof.

Band of Builders provided a grant to cover rent arrears to an individual in the construction industry who was unable to work due to covid-19.

Financial Support

Band of Builders aims to support those working within the UK construction industry who are facing financial crisis or an emergency that is out of your control.

In order for your application to be considered, please find below our application criteria:

- The applicant has worked in a construction related trade or trade associated to the construction industry for more than 12 months.

If you are unsure whether you are eligible for our help please contact us by emailing applications@bandofbuilders.org

Apply for Financial Support

Applications will be considered on their urgency based on the information that is provided on the application form.

Supporting financial evidence and other relevant information to support the claim will be required as well as reporting back with proof the grant was used for its intended purpose.

To apply for a financial grant, please complete an application form below.

Apply for Financial Support

Other Financial Support

We have provided links below covering other financial support opportunities.

Getting help with food: If your struggling to pay for food get in touch with your local food bank or visit Trussell Trust, the UK's largest foodbank organisation. To be able to access a foodbank you can contact the organisation directly or be referred by one of the following: Jobcentre Plus, a social worker, Citizens Advice, your local authority, Police or probation worker, a GP or medical professional, a children's centre.

Free school meals: If you receive certain benefits your child(ren) may be eligible for free school meals. Please check the government website here to check if you could be eligible.

Payment holidays from mortgage or other debts: You can approach your creditor to request a payment holiday but the creditor doesn't have to agree to it. The gap in payments may be marked on your credit file and this may make it harder to get credit in the future. Please check Experian's guidance here.

Help with utility bills: If you are struggling to pay household bills such as gas, electric or water contact your provider to let them know and they may be able to discuss options to help you repay the arrears. Some suppliers may offer further support (this varies between suppliers). Please find out more here.

Help with vet bills: If your pet isn't insured vet bills can be very expensive. The RSPCA (The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty for Animals) or PDSA (People's Dispensary for Sick Animals) may be able to provide you with free or subsidised treatments.

Financial support available from the government: Hardship payments are available if you one of the following benefits have been stopped and if you need money for essentials such as food or utilities: Jobseekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit. Hardship payments are also available for people who are vulnerable or look after individuals who are at risk. To enquire about a hardship payment more information can be found via Citizen's Advice or call Department of Work and Pensions.

You may be eligible for support from your local council's welfare assistance scheme. These schemes are usually available to those who are on low income who are facing financial difficulty. Each local authority runs their own scheme with different criteria such as small cash loans or grants, food vouchers and free used furniture.

If you have been on certain benefits for 6 months you may be eligible for a budgeting loan. You only have to pay back the amount you borrow, and the repayments are taken automatically from your benefit.

Other grants you can apply for: There may be benefits or other grants that could help improve your financial situation, Turn2Us is a charity that helps people in financial difficulty to find grants and support services and they can check for you.